December 9, 2014

In the Midst of Laundry

Somewhere there is peace to be had. I am desperately seeking peace. God finds us in the strangest places and in the midst of my laundry, is where He finds me. It feels like the laundry around here is never ending. So when I actually have time to sit and fold it, I feel relief and peace. It sounds strange, I know. But when you have 3 little boys, you find peace where you can.

My life over this past week has been so busy! It is often hard to find that time to sit and be still.
But I have come to find that it doesn't matter what your doing, You just have to be still in your spirit and listen. What does it mean to be still in spirit? It means to quite that never ending list of chores to do that you run down in your head. To stop playing a running dialogue inside. Be quiet. Trust me, I know how hard it is. When my mouth isn't running, my inside voice is still going.

Don't get me wrong. It is still very important to find daily time to spend with God. There is nothing as peaceful as sitting in a quiet space with your Bible and the Holy Spirit. I'm ashamed to say that, other than Saturday and Sunday, I did not take the time last week to be with God. Because of that, my week felt chaotic.

It is only Tuesday, so this week still has a chance! Will you pray with me for peace this week? Let us keep our daily time with God a priority. Find time for Him. Even if it is only 10 minutes while the baby sleeps. Find time for God and it will make all the difference.

Find peace where you can @lilpapercrumbs.blogspot.com


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to drop me a line!