December 3, 2014

Mid-Week Chat 12/3/14

Hi you guys! I hope you are having a good week so far. I have come to a conclusion about our little mid-week chats. A new direction needs to be taken. It has been put it on my heart that I need to be in the Bible more. So I wanted to start sharing the Bible with you, during our mid-week chats.

  Mid-Week Chat: Diving into God's Word with Lil' Paper Crumbs

For this week we are going to be reading Romans 8:18-39. The translation I am using is Holman Christian Standard. Just for a little background on the book of Romans. Romans was written by the apostle Paul. This book is a letter to the Romans, whom Paul refers to as "God's beloved in Rome."(1:7).


This section in my Bible is titled From Groans to Glory. Wow! What a statement that makes.
The very first verse of this section speaks volumes to me.

"For I consider that the suffering of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is going to be revealed to us." vs.18

What a statement! Even though they were suffering, the glory to come will FAR surpass the agony they are enduring. I believe with all my heart that God never changes. So considering what Paul is saying here, we can apply this to our sufferings in the current day.


This passage is speaking about eternally saving us, as well our present earthly adversity. Moving forward in the passage we are encouraged that the Holy Spirit comes to us. He comes to comfort and to help. Intercession is made on our behalf by Him when we have no words. It says that even He just groans and God understands.(vs.26-27) Such peace fills me to think that the Holy Spirit speaks on my behalf. The comfort that comes from the Presence of God can not be compared to anything I have ever felt.


The last section of this passage is speaking about how nothing can separate us from God's love. NOTHING!! He loves us so much that He sent His son to die!! I know that I can't never love someone so much that I would offer one of my children to save them. Not ever. Really wrap your mind around that. God offered His son to die for YOU!

If you haven't accepted Jesus as the Savior of the world and of you personally, Why not do it today? What are you waiting for? It is never too late!! Let me pray for you and me right now.


Dear Heavenly Father,
I ask you now that you speak to the person reading this. May you send your Holy Spirit to comfort them and let them know that you want to be in their lives. We ask for forgiveness of all our wrong doings and desire to turn from them forever. We know that you gave your son, Jesus as a living sacrifice for us. Please send your Holy Spirit down to us, for guidance and comfort. May we continue to be in your word daily and rest upon your promises.
Amen

Thank you for coming by and reading my Mid-Week Chat: Diving into God's word.

Later,
Erin

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to drop me a line!