January 10, 2015

5 Craft Trends of 2014

I don't usually follow trends, but over the past year there have been a few that caught my eye. Just want to share with you my Top 5. Enjoy and don't forget to comment, share and pin!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~







Don't you just love the Chalkboard Effect? I know that I do! I don't think I will ever get tired of it. I was using and enjoying the chalkboard look, long before it was a TREND. The chalkboard effect can be achieved so many ways. Here are a few pins to help you find the best option for you!

DIY Chalkboard paint by The Idea Room



Bunting and Banners! They are so fun and you can create them so many ways! I can't even tell you how many time I have made bunting for my son's birthday parties. Below are some pins that you might find inspiring.

DIY Dictionary Bunting Banner by Brooklyn Limestone
Southwest Inspired Bunting by Wedding Chicks



I always just called this pattern, Zig Zag. But apparently it is called Chevron and it was all the rage in 2014. You see this pattern on clothes, handbags, notebooks, washi tape, greeting cards and even walls. One of my favorite rolls of washi tape is a chevron pattern. Below are a few pins that show off some great Chevron Patterns.

Chevron Pillows by PureHomeAccents
Chevron Washi tape by Paperten
Multi Colored Chevron Dress by The Pink Lily Boutique 


5 Craft Trends - Eri
What a great gift idea! I loved the idea so much that I made one as a gift for someone this Christmas. There are so many ways to create these mugs. You can use regular sharpie. oil based sharpie, stencils, and freehand drawing. I used a stencil that I hand cut, to create the Star Of Life on this mug. To create your own, follow these links for inspiration and help.

DIY Sharpie Mug by Living Well Spending Less
Freehand drawn,Sharpie Mug by Living on Air
Easy Dotted Sharpie Mug by Designer Trapped

DRUM ROLL PLEASE! Last but not least....


Upcycling - 5 Craft Trends of 2015

Upcycling is not only a great way to help the environment, it is also a cheap way to create unique gifts and decor. The picture posted above is of some notebooks that I create from candy boxes. Type in Unpcycling into Pinterest and you will find a plethora of ideas. Here are just a few.

Notebooks from Cereal boxes by one good thing by Jillee
Dinosaur Bookends  by doodlecraft


I hope you enjoyed my 5 Craft Trends of 2014. I certainly enjoyed posting about it. Please leave me a comment below and don't forget to share and pin!

Later,
Erin





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to drop me a line!