January 20, 2015

Life's Up's and Down's

You know those times when it seems like there has been a series of bad events, one right after another? When you just wanna say "What else can go wrong?". That is where I am right now. For the past several months things just want to go wrong, one right after another. I know what you might be thinking, that this post is going to be a big whoa as me story. Well, guess again. I wanted to share with you what I do when I start feeling 'poor me'. 

People get through tough things differently. I pray and talk to God and He gives me peace. Also I talk with friends and get advice and just plain ole' vent. One of the quick pick me ups that I use most, other than relying on God, is crafts! Specifically, paper crafts. I really enjoy paper crafts!!!!!!!!!

Today was a rough day. It was full of tough situations and decisions. So this evening I set down to create a paper craft. Not only did I want it to be pretty, I wanted it to be inspiring. Truly, I feel that I accomplished that. Here is the finished product.

Book page upcycle - Lil' Paper Crumbs


I created this from a page out of an old photography book. That inspired me to create a scene with two different stamps that I own. A camera and a film strip/negative strip. Before I created my little painting, I drew and stamped it out just like I would on the final paper, only on scrap paper. Once I was satisfied with that, on to making the actual artwork.

The first step was to stamp on my images with Stazon ink. This is great! You can stamp on just about anything and once it is dry, it is really hard to remove. After that dried, my pencil and I drew out the camera strap. The white/opaque background was created with white acrylic paint. Starting with a thin layer and then adding more as you need, you can recreate this too. Last but not least was the lettering.
From searching on Google, this quote was found. I don't know who originally wrote it, but I felt that it really fit my project and my current events in my life. So I grabbed a sharpie and got to work. 

Do you do any mixed media art? What do you usually use? Is it simple or intricate?
Please leave me a comment below. Share and subscribe!!

Later,
Erin 


7 comments:

  1. This is awesome! I love it Erin! Yes, very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kathe. I originally was just going to post about the poster I made. But I felt it was important to share a little more.

      Delete
  2. This is absolutely adorable! I love the quote and I love how you utilized it for artwork :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Elle. I hardly ever use the camera stamp and since I have been taking photos everyday, I pulled it out.

      Delete
  3. I love this Erin. Paper crafting is also one of my favorite go to crafts to lift me up - there's just something about painting or inking a piece of paper. Love yours it is quite inspiring. Thank you for sharing. Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so nice to meet a fellow paper crafter! Thank you for your kind words!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to drop me a line!