November 10, 2014

The Liebster Blog Award

Liebster Blog Award


I have been given my very first blog award today! The Liebster Blog Award. The sweet lady who gave me this honor is Kelina Kemp. She does product reviews and also tells us about awesome, money saving, finds. Here is a beautiful picture of her on her wedding day. If you click her name above, it will take you to her blog. Jump on over there and tell her I said "Hey!".

Kelina Kemp from Simply Kelina

Thank you in many languages


Until 2 days ago, I had never heard of this award. After reading about it and receiving it, I see how it is a great thing for new bloggers like myself. There are some rules to which you must follow. Here are the rules. 


Liebster Award Rules
I found this great picture of the rules at The Girl In Converse's website. Go have a look!




So part of receiving this award is to answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you and also provide 11 facts about yourself. 

I will start with the 11 questions from Kelina.

1.  What made you start blogging, and what is your favorite thing about it? 
I started blogging because I love to talk! I also like to share the crafts I make with people. My favorite thing about blogging is the unlimited possibilities that you have with blogging.
2.  What are your top three must have items (Beauty, Electronics, Clothes, Anything)?
My Bible, my computer and my flip flops.
3.  What is your "guilty pleasure"?
Candy! I really, really, really like candy. Sweet or sour. It doesn't matter. I like it ALL!!
4.  What is your favorite item or products to review on your blog?  If you do not do reviews, what would it be?
I haven't done any reviews yet. But I am thinking about doing a review of planner I just discovered online. It is called Passion Planner. Click the link and check it out for yourself! If you buy one, please refer that I sent you there. Thanks so much!
5.  What one tip would you give yourself as a new blogger if you could go back and start from the beginning? 
Don't start out too strong. You will burn yourself out. But do take time at least once every day to go onto your social media sites and post a little something. It really helps.
6.  What is your favorite quote?  (Or pick one you like if you do not have a favorite)
"Life's a ditch. Can you dig it?" It is from a the movie Camp Nowhere. It was one of my favorite movies when I was a preteen. 
7.  What is your favorite time of year and why?
I really like summer time. I like how long the days are and being able to be outside with my kids pretty much every day.
8.  How do you juggle your other priorities with your blogging (Work, kids, etc)?
I blog at night or during my 1 year old's nap time. I also write down little tid bits for blogging whenever the idea hits me. That way when I have the time to sit in front of the computer, I'm not drawing a blank.
9.  What is your favorite thing about the holiday season, besides family?
The spirit of Christmas. Every year it seems like the whole city takes on this spirit of giving and love. The celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ really opens something up within our hearts.
10.  What is the best new product you have tried since starting your blog?
Tim Holtz- Water Brush. I love it! You can make just about any type of ink/marker look like water color!
11.  If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
I would go to Spain. I have always wanted to go there. I have Spaniard blood in my lineage about 7 or 8 generations back. So I would like to go and research my family line.

Erin Sears - Lil' Paper Crumbs

Now on to the 11 things about me.
1. My relationship with God is my foundation in my life! Without His guiding hands, I don't know where I would be. I am so grateful for the blessings He has given me and the blessings He will continue to give me.
2. I was born in Towson, Maryland. I lived in Baltimore County until I was 14. Then my parents moved me to the eastern shore of Virginia, to a little town called Chincoteague. It was definitely a lot smaller than Baltimore!
3. My family unit consists of me, my darling husband and our 3 little boys. The ages of our children are 13, 9 and 13 months. We also have 3 fur babies. 1 big dog and 2 little cats.
4. Paper crafts are my favorite thing to do in my spare time. (and whenever I squeeze it in!) I make handmade greeting cards the most. I adore making handmade greeting cards! I have been making cards since I was 14.
5. My father's parents were both deaf. My grandmother went to the same school as Helen Keller and even met her once.
6. I served in the US Navy. My duty station was the USS Abraham Lincoln. It was stationed in Washington state.
7. Each one of my children was born in a different state. My oldest was born in WA, my middle was born in VA and my youngest was born in NC. We have moved a lot.
8. Another passion of mine is Photography. My father was a professional photographer. So I grew up in front of a camera lens. Naturally I learned from him and I in turn enjoy taking photographic memories.
9. My husband and I only knew each other for 19 days before we got married!! I know CRAZY! But here we are almost 11 years later.
10. Here is a random one. I can curl my tongue.
11. Last but not least...I plan that in 1 year from starting this blog, that I will have at least 25 - 50 regular readers/subscribers. Will you help me reach that goal? Please subscribe to my blog.

That's it for now folks. Be on the look out for my next post which will have the fellow bloggers that I am giving the award to. 

Later,
Erin



3 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to drop me a line!