January 22, 2015

Upcycling YOU can do - Part 2 of 4 - Pencil Holder

Upcycling YOU can do 
Part 2 of 4

Upcycling isn't just about saving the earth. 
It is also about saving money and making your home look nicer with things you made! 
In this 4 part series, I will give you DIY instructions for 5 different upcycling crafts for your home.



Food Cans ---> Pencil Holder

Most crafters have made a pencil holder or two in their day.
But today I am going to show you how to make one that is a little bit different.
This pencil holder takes 2 cans, one large and one small.
I wanted a pencil can that you could keep your pens separated from your pencils.

Pencil Holder - Lil' Paper Crumbs

Supplies needed are:
Large aluminum can
Small aluminum can
scissors
pencil
hot glue gun
ruler
tacky glue or other strong glue

Pencil Holder - Lil' Paper Crumbs

Use your ruler to measure the size of the label on the large can.
Glue it with your tacky glue, right to the label already on the can.

Pencil Holder - Lil' Paper Crumbs


Now that you have made the big can pretty, on to the little one.
The great thing is you don't have to do anything to it!
Put several rings of hot glue on the bottom of the small can.
Place it into the center inside of the bigger can.
Like this...

Pencil Holder - Lil' Paper Crumbs

Now all you have to do is fill it. I made this for my boys to have in their room.
It is filled with pencils and has a few pens, highlighters and rulers.

Pencil Holder - Lil' Paper Crumbs

As you can see, the inside can creates a nice small space to put your pens and highlighters.
I also placed a few small rulers in that gap. 


Pencil Holder - Lil' Paper Crumbs

Here is the finished product, sitting in my boy's room!
What ya think? Do you use pencil cans?

I hope you are enjoying this Upcylcing YOU can do series.
Please leave me a comment below, share and pin!

Later,
Erin 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to drop me a line!