October 29, 2014

Mid-Week Chat 10/29/14

I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend and are having a good week. My kids had a 3 day weekend due to a teacher work day. To kick off the weekend, we attended a school, movie night event! It was great! It was held outside and they showed the movie on a portable stage with a screen. This thing was really cool!! One of the local Churches lets the school use it for events such as that. 

Because the event started at 6pm, we brought food with us. Little Caesar's has $5 pizzas, so we got 2. I also popped popcorn at home and brought that. We packed up soda and lots of blankets. It was so cold and we were very grateful for the blankets.

The movie was Soul Surfer. I don't know if you have ever watched that movie, but I HIGHLY recommend watching it! It is about Bethany Hamilton, a pro surfer with one arm. The movie lays out for you all about how she lost her arm and her amazing faith in God. This movie is very inspiring and entertaining. No bad words, no sex, just a good movie.

Soul Surfer



Saturday we celebrated my youngest son's 1st birthday! It had bumpy start but over all, it went really well. We had it outside with close friends and family. Here are a few pictures for you to enjoy!

Birthday Smiles

1st Bday Cupcakes

Cupcake Grin

Sunday the kiddos and I went to church and the baby stayed in the nursery the WHOLE time! He hardly ever does that. I guess he is getting better at being away from mommy. 
After church was Neighborhood Groups (small groups). We talked about the sermon from that morning and fellowshiped with one another. The sermon from that morning can be heard hear Wendover Hills - Honoring your mother and father

While listening to the sermon a few things stuck out to me. Without following the first 4 commandments, you can't expect good results in getting your kids to follow the 5th commandment which is Honor your father and mother. I never really thought about that. I have since taken the time to sit back and look at how well I obey the first 4 commandments.

The first 4 commandments are as follows:

  1. You shall have no other gods before Me.
  2. You shall not make idols.
  3. You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain.
  4. Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
I don't worship anyone but God. So I'm good there. I don't have idols. No golden calves hiding around my house. Taking the Lord's name in vain. . . That answer was a tough pill to swallow. We had talked about that 2 weeks ago in Neighborhood Groups. How it is all too easy to take God's name in vain and not even realize it. How many times do I say "Thank the Lord!" and I'm not really thanking him. Or how about "OMG!". How many of us use that one. I don't use OMG, but I do say "Thank the Lord" without even really meaning it. Like "Thank the Lord I was able to find my keys." Do I really mean that? No I was just saying it. I found that to be depressing.

So what my pastor was saying, is that If we follow the first 4 commandments with all our hearts and to the best of our abilities, our children will follow right along into #5. 
Honoring your parents is a whole lot easier if your parents are following God.

Monday we had fun with Jelly Belly Bean Boozled Beans. Click here to watch the videos on my Youtube Channel. Don't forget to thumbs up my video and leave me a comment.

Yesterday I visited a local scrapbooking store and got some really pretty stamps. I also bought some new paper and embossing glitter. I created a card with 2 of my new stamps. If you wanna see, just click here to see my post about it. I'm really happy how it turned out. 

Well, that's about it folks. I hope I didn't bore ya. Talk to ya next week!

Later,
Erin

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to drop me a line!